These terms and conditions together with any specific terms set out in a Promotion Notice (as defined below) are the terms (the “Terms”) which apply to promotions taking place on the Samsung Backstage website; www.samsungbackstage.co.uk, (each a "Promotion"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Promotion displayed on the Samsung Backstage website you (the “participant”) agree to be bound by the Terms.
1. The promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
2. Terms specific to each Promotion are displayed on the page for such Promotion ("Promotion Notice") and are incorporated into the Terms. In the event of differences between these terms and conditions and the Promotion Notice, the Promotion Notice shall prevail.
3. The Promotion Notice shall contain details of how to enter the Promotion, the closing date, any qualifying requirements to enter the Promotion, details of the prizes available, and any other specific terms relevant for that Promotion.
4. Promotions are only open to UK residents who are aged 18 or over, work for a Samsung customer, and who are validly registered on www.samsungbackstage.co.uk.
5. Employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to a Promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter.
7. Prizes awarded as part of a Promotion carry no cash value, are non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner. The Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
8. To enter a Promotion, participants must follow the instructions set out in the relevant Promotion Notice and enter all of the required information before the closing date for that Promotion (the “Entry”).
9. Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Entries.
10. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with the Terms or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of a Promotion.
11. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
12 .Entries must be made by the participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
13. Selection of winners shall be as described in the Promotion Notice.
14. In the event that a winner or substitute winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner or substitute winner shall forfeit their prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner, which shall be the next Entry selected in accordance with the Promotion Notice.
15. Details of the winners for each Promotion will be published on the following website: www.samsungbackstage.co.uk
16. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and towns of residence of all winners. Each winner may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering a Promotion consents to such participation.
18. Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating a Promotion, the details and information provided by the participant when entering a Promotion or claiming a prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
19. By accepting a prize, the winner:
a. agrees to take part in media interviews including but not limited to magazine, television and radio interviews;
b. agrees to be photographed by the Promoter for the purposes of promoting the relevant Promotion and the Promoter’s products; and
c. agrees to participate in the Promoter’s other marketing and promotional activities.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to a Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of a Promotion.
22. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with a Promotion.
23. By entering a Promotion, the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the relevant Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
24. The Terms are governed by English law.
To claim your instant prize you need to answer the next 3 multiple-choice questions correctly!
Don't worry if you don't know the answer to all 3 as you'll be able to have another go! Good Luck!